help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Radius Not responding

From: Gerald
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Radius Not responding
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:04:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Bob Robichaud wrote:

> I just installed radius on FreeBSD 4.9

Which version of gnu-radius? (radius without "gnu-" in front of it is a
protocol or method of authentication.)

> When I do a radauth test it is sucessful, however when I configured our
> Shiva Lan Rover to use the new radius server, the shiva activity log states
> radius server not responding. What am I doing wrong.  I changed the
> /etc/services file to uncomment ports 1645 1646 and commented out the
> default values.  Below are my basic files

What does your radius.log say when the Shiva connects? Is the Shiva
hitting hosts.allow entries or firewall rules? Disabling both is a quick
way to test that. I didn't comment on the config files that looked fine to
me. I'm curious if the spacing in the config file was modified just for
the mailing list?

> #client.conf
> #----------------------
> server mail2 206.222.80.15 secret 1645 1646

I set mine up to be:
server local 127.0.0.1 secret 1645 1646
(I don't know how or if that will affect you though.)

> # NAS Name Short Name Type Checkrad flags
> shiva2.compmore.net shiva2 true
> shiva3.compmore.net shiva3          true
> localhost local true

FYI...These 2 entries are redundant. True is assumed if there are no
entries, and I don't like to change config files from default unless there
is a reason for specifying it.

http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_mono/radius.html#SEC96

HTH,

Gerald