help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Changing auth based on client

From: Charles Sprickman
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Changing auth based on client
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:08:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Gerald wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Charles Sprickman wrote:
>
> > After going through the manual, I'm wondering if the following is
> > possible...  I need to generate a different SQL query based on which
> > client connects to the radius server.  As an example, I'll say we have
> > three main groups of clients:
> >
> > -local users hitting our POPs
> > -remote users that get proxied to us
> > -any user using an outsourced news provider that proxies to us
>
> Filters or scripts is how you have to do it currently I believe.

I think I've got it.  The values for which services are allowed are a bit
odd; they are "bitwise operators" (?), hopefully I've got the terminology
correct.  Anyhow, it seems mysql groks/converts these for me, so all I
need to do is alter the query based on which client connects.

So here's my new, rephrased question for you all:

- A rewrite rule should be able to be triggered on which client IP
connects, right?
- I can, in that rewrite rule either alter or create a macro, right?
- In my SQL conf, I can end it with an "AND pw_gid=%that_macro"

Am I perhaps on the right track?  I need to revisit the docs again to see
if there are "user" macros that I can use, and to see if they are expanded
in SQL queries, but I think this is a go.

Thanks,

Charles