help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] Extending authentication with GNU RADIUS

From: David Beards
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Extending authentication with GNU RADIUS
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 08:02:19 +1000

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to extend the authentication of GNU RADIUS to not only exclude Simultaneous users, but also allow for the checking and recording of failed attempts at connecting.

i.e. When authentication is performed, part of the process is to check to see if the correct username password is provided. If it is not, a counter in a file is incremented until such time as the user has a predetermined number of failures. Once the predetermined number of failures has been reached they are automatically denied access to the NAS until the users entry is manually removed. If a successful connection is achieved prior to being locked out, the users login attempts are zeroed and the process occurs all over again. (Basically similar to the way that Windows NT/2000/XP locks its users out.)

If anyone has any suggestions as to how this might be achieved I'd be very appreciative.

David Beards
Technical Manager Networks and Systems
CFA