help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] User-Password doesn't seem to be computed

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] User-Password doesn't seem to be computed
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 12:00:34 +0200

Hello,
I am trying to use gnu-radius but my first tests fail as I cannot check if gnu-radius properly decode an incoming authentication request.
I am using a radius client to send an auth request to gnu-radius.
I have specified the shared secret in the 'clients' file.
The User-Password is not what has been sent and I have difficulties to find out what is wrong.

how can i check what shared secret is really used ?

I have tried to play with the logging options in order to check what User-Password is obtained but I ddin't succeed (they are very complex... certainly very powerful but complex). As a workaround I used exec_program-wait with %C{User-Password} to be able to log this and I always see a crypted password.

There is also an option allowing to get a log of each incoming packet. Here is what I get :

Thu Apr  8 11:46:02 2004
        User-Name = 2123193906
        Acct-Session-Id = adeolis-1965
        NAS-Identifier = adeolis-1
        NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.2.10
        Timestamp = 1081417562
        Request-Authenticator = None

The User-Password is missing and there is also a "Request-Authenticator = None" message which I don't understand. The request authenticator is a 16 random number for Access-Request and is present in my packet...

Does anyone know how i could perform this first level checking ?
Many thank's.