help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] User-Password doesn't seem to be computed

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] User-Password doesn't seem to be computed
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 14:30:40 +0300

address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

> how can i check what shared secret is really used ?

Apply the attached patch, then set the debugging level to "files":

logging {
        category debug {
                 level "files";

> As a workaround I used exec_program-wait with %C{User-Password} to be
> able to log this and I always see a crypted password.

This certainly means that the client and the server use different shared
secrets

> There is also an option allowing to get a log of each incoming
> packet. Here is what I get :
>
> Thu Apr  8 11:46:02 2004
>          User-Name = 2123193906
>          Acct-Session-Id = adeolis-1965
>          NAS-Identifier = adeolis-1
>          NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.2.10
>          Timestamp = 1081417562
>          Request-Authenticator = None
>

> The User-Password is missing and there is also a

User-Password is never logged in detail files.

> "Request-Authenticator = None" message which I don't understand. The

Request-Authenticator is meaningful only for Accounting-Requests. For
Access-Requests its value is always 'None'

Regards,
Sergey