help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] User Access was Denied in Dial-Up

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] User Access was Denied in Dial-Up
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:45:55 +0300

Julio César Mejia Vergara <address@hidden> wrote:

> Allso my access server uses ports 1645 and 1646 for authentication and
> logging and not the 1812 and 1813 that GNU radius uses, so i changed
> the port on the client.conf file (i dont now if i need to edit another
> file to change the port. Here is my client.conf file:

The server does not use client.conf, so this change was useless. The
server reads its configuration from the file raddb/config, so you
have to use `port' statements in your `auth' and `acct' clauses,
like that:

auth {
    port 1645;
    max-requests 127;
    request-cleanup-delay 2;
    detail yes;
    strip-names yes;
    checkrad-assume-logged yes;
};

acct {
    port 1646;
    max-requests 127;
    request-cleanup-delay 2;
};

See

 http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_node/radius_27.html#SEC37

and

 http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_node/radius_28.html#SEC45

for more info on the subject. Notice also that you may change default
authentication/accounting ports when configuring the package, e.g.:

  ./configure --with-auth-port=old [REST-OF-OPTIONS]

(--with-auth-port=old means use old ports 1645/1646).

Regards,
Sergey