help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Presentation and problem with pass

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Presentation and problem with pass
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:38:28 +0300

Manuel Prada Mateo <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi from Spain,
>
> It´s my first message in the forum, therefore the first one it´s say hello
> to all and sorry for my english.

Welcome aboard! And don't worry about your English: it's fine. Besides,
if you prefer, feel free to write in Spanish.

> How I do to change plaintext password to encrypted in file
> "/etc/raddb/users"?

You can use the function crypt() for that. There is a small
package 'md5pwd', which you may find useful. It is available from

    ftp://mirddin.farlep.net/pub/radius/contrib/md5pwd.tar.gz

Md5pwd takes a plaintext password as its argument and prints the
MD5 hash on stdout. You can then copy and paste it to your raddb/users.

Regards,
Sergey