help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] NAS-IP-Address vs. Client-IP-Address

From: Charles Sprickman
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] NAS-IP-Address vs. Client-IP-Address
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 20:47:37 -0400 (EDT)

Howdy,

Quick question (I hope)...  Under FreeRadius, I see an attribute in the
standard dictionary called "Client-IP-Address".  This seems different from
NAS-IP-Address in that on our outsourced dial clients, NAS-IP contains the
actual NAS-IP, whereas Client-IP contains the IP of the radius server that
is proxying to us.  This is very handy for us as it lets me very quickly
pick out these connections with a simple sql query.  We use this to alert
people that they have used more than their allotted free minutes of
roaming as well.

Grepping dict/* shows no such attribute in the Gnu-Radius dictionaries.
If I simply add it (in FreeRadius it's id 1052), will that likely work?
Or is that an attribute that FreeRadius is generating internally?

Sorry to keep bugging you Sergey, it seems like you're single-handedly
manning this list. :)  Your other suggestions are working perfectly; I
should be cutting over to gnu completely in a week or two and in the next
few days I'll be turning it up for accounting only on one of our radius
servers.

Thanks,

Charles

___