help-gnu-radius

RE: [Help-gnu-radius] 'Radiusd' executable does not 'make' in Cygnus (XP

From: D Saban
Subject: RE: [Help-gnu-radius] 'Radiusd' executable does not 'make' in Cygnus (XP) for radius-1.3
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 16:37:12 +0200

Hello Sergey

I found a workaround - here it is.  UPDATE the line (in the
radiusd/Makefile) that follows:

sbin_PROGRAMS = radiusd

sbin_PROGRAMS = radiusd.exe

This will cause make to include the appropriate -I flags when executing
gcc.

I had already figured that 'make' was not doing its thing.  But I was
still confused about the Makefile execution, particularly because its
general structure and layout was similar to the other Makefiles in the
distribution.

I have not played with Makefiles for ... a very long time, so I had to
remove the dust and cobwebs from my grey matter before tracking down the
Makefile anomaly.  I started with the assumption that the 'all:'
directive was faulty (thanks to your hint about the missing -I flags).
This naturally lead me to:

all-am: Makefile $(PROGRAMS) $(LISP)

which followed to:

PROGRAMS = $(sbin_PROGRAMS)

which followed to the updating of the 'sbin_PROGRAMS' label.

Basically the unfolding of the all-am: directive was not similar to
thoses in the other make files.

This leads me to believe that some fault is at large in the configure
file that produces the radiusd/Makefile.

But I'm not going to track that problem down - too many cobwebs.

Thanks for your help.

Dan Saban