help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Forwarding requests after huntgroups processing

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Forwarding requests after huntgroups processing
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:27:40 +0300

Christian Schlatter <address@hidden> ha escrit:

> So far I figured out how to use the 'forward' config setting to
> forward incoming requests to multiple radius servers. This is a really
> nice feature I haven't found with other radius server
> implementations. Well, I actually only managed to forward the requests
> to localhost targets since the forward socket always binds to
> localhost, even if I specify the correct source-ip in config.

Strange. The forwarding module binds to the same address as the main
auth/acct modules, that is the one set by source-ip statement in the
`option' group. If source-ip is not given, it tries to find the first
non-loopback address on the host. In any case, it should not bind to
localhost unless explicitely required. If that does not work for you,
please supply me with some additional information: the config.log file
and the main radius configuration file (raddb/config).

> My question is if it is possible to forward requests *after* the
> huntgroups got applied.

Currently not, but it is planned for the next release. I can prepare a
patch for you to test, if you wish.

Regards,
Sergey