help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] Newbie question

From: Al Davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Newbie question
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 00:54:44 -0600

On Wednesday 17 April 2002 13:02, Remco Poelstra wrote:
> What software do you people use to display the outputs? gnuplot is
> not very user-friendly and doesn't allow quick zooms and such. What
> other options are there?

I use gnuplot.  I agree that it is not user friendly.  The plotting
needs work.

> Are there already any models for real components available for use?
> Can I use standard SPICE models (from PSPICE per example)? If not
> and I want to create a few (very likely since I need a simulator :)
> ), can I convert existing models or gives that license problems?

You should be able to use Spice models.  Some work, some don't.  The
ones that don't are usually because of named nodes or the "B" source.
 Gnucap requires numbers.  This will change soon.  The intent is to
make Gnucap able to use all Spice models.  Eventually, I hope to be
able to use models for most or all variants of Spice.