help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] need empty line for gnuplot

From: Dan McMahill
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] need empty line for gnuplot
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 19:11:07 -0400

al davis wrote:
On Tuesday 09 May 2006 10:53, Markus Feldmann wrote:

When i do a sweep simulaion, i get a file where the values
are put together in blocks without an empty line between the
blocks. The gnuplot command to select some of these blocks is
named as index, but works only if these blocks are be aparted
by an empty line. How can i put an empty line between my
value blocks by using a gnucap command?

With an editor?  awk???

It seems that every program that reads external files wants things a little different. The only way to make absolute compatibility is to make them absolutely the same, with no room for growth.

The favorite tool of the analog group I worked with at Bell Labs, for fixing incompatible file formats, was "awk". The favorite tool for plotting and analyzing was "S".

My favorite tool for fixing that stuff is still awk :) But sometimes I turn to perl for it when faced with something that awk doesn't handle quite as well.

-Dan