help-gnucap

[Help-gnucap] named nodes

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Help-gnucap] named nodes
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 15:52:32 -0400

Non-member posting manually forwarded.
=====================

I just tried out both the 0.34 release and the latest
(gnucap-2006-05-06.tar.gz)
built fresh from source. It seems that named nodes don't work
correctly in either.

Here's the input:

* This is a comment

.option namednodes

Vin x 0 1 ac 1
rin x 2 1k
cin 2 0 1p

.op
.print op x v{x} v(x) v(2)
.end

------------------
0.34 gives:
$ gnucap -b myfile.gc
Gnucap 0.34
The Gnu Circuit Analysis Package
Never trust any version less than 1.0
Copyright 1982-2002, Albert Davis
Gnucap comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
This is free software, and you are welcome
to redistribute it under certain conditions
according to the GNU General Public License.
See the file "COPYING" for details.
* This is a comment
#
 300.15
print op x v{x} v(x) v(2)
           ^ ? no match
print op x v{x} v(x) v(2)
                ^ ? no match
print op x v{x} v(x) v(2)
                  ^ ? need )
print op x v{x} v(x) v(2)
                   ^ ? need device or node
print op x v{x} v(x) v(2)
                     ^ ? need )

and the latest build gives this:
$ gnucap-2006-05-06/src/O/gnucap -b myfile.gc
Gnucap 2006.05.06 RCS 25.82
The Gnu Circuit Analysis Package
Never trust any version less than 1.0
Copyright 1982-2002, Albert Davis
Gnucap comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
This is free software, and you are welcome
to redistribute it under certain conditions
according to the GNU General Public License.
See the file "COPYING" for details.
* This is a comment
option namednodes
       ^ ? what's this?
#
 27.
print op x v{x} v(x) v(2)
           ^ ? no match
print op x v{x} v(x) v(2)
                ^ ? no match
print op x v{x} v(x) v(2)
                  ^ ? need )
print op x v{x} v(x) v(2)
                   ^ ? need device or node
print op x v{x} v(x) v(2)
                     ^ ? need )

Am I using named nodes incorrectly? Is this a bug?
Is this something I could try to fix in the source? Named nodes
would be a huge convenience. (The alternative would be to
have a preprocessor that does a string-replacement on the input
and undoes it on the output. Big pain.)

Also, is there support for libraries, of the sort Dan mentioned
on Wed, 18 Jan 2006 21:53:17 -0500 on Gnucap-devel?
Foundries generally give a set of binned models of devices
rather
than a single model, and library support would make it feasible
to at least compare gnucap to Spice (or in my case, Spectre.)

        Vadim