help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] comma places

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] comma places
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 17:13:11 -0400

On Sunday 14 May 2006 16:00, Markus Feldmann wrote:
> How can I influence the comma place of my Result?
> I need more than 4 comma places, for example,
> 1.04561
> is a Result which i can accept, but
> 1.0456
> is not ok for me.

.options numdgt=6
or whatever number you want

The default value is 5.

If you do this, make sure to set the tolerances (reltol, abstol,
vntol, chgtol, trtol) so the extra digits are meaningful.
Setting numdgt higher than 15 will not be useful no matter what
else you do.

Even at numdgt=5, I sometimes see differences in regressions
with different optimization and different processors.