help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] named nodes

From: Vadim Gutnik address@hidden resent by
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] named nodes
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 13:52:01 -0400

Non-member posting manually forwarded.
===============================

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 05:57:48PM -0400, al davis wrote:
> Named nodes work in recent development snapshots, but not in
> 0.34.

Thank you. It's great that named nodes work! I'll stick with
the development snapshot, then.
And binning seems to be working as well. Wonderful.

> Note that I didn't say
> parameters, I said ".param statements".  Scoping is correct
> with other methods of assigning values to parameters, such as
> passing values to subckts.

Ok, so I can do a little text editing to turn my .lib lines into
gnucap-acceptable .model lines. The next two sticking points
are
1)
.param dxl=.1e-7
.model nch.1 nmos level=1 lmin=1.000e-05-dxl

Am I understanding correctly that this is not yet expected to
work
but will work soon? (If not soon, is there some workaround?)

and
2) My library specifies "bsim3v3", and I'm having trouble
finding
which "level" that corresponds to.

Thanks for the quick reply.

        Vadim