help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] Gnucap for windows

From: Paul Reichl
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Gnucap for windows
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 18:38:25 +1100

Hi Al,

thanks for you reply.

I did a bit more searching on the -rdynamic flag and it appears as if someone else has encountered something similar with the mineserver software (i.e. not all symbols exported). As per http://mineserver.be/forums/index.php?topic=89.0

The solution they suggested was to use the flag "-export-all-symbols" with mingw32.
Anyway I modified the section of the configure file that read

LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -rdynamic"

if `echo $CC | grep "mingw" 1>/dev/null 2>&1`
then
  LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -export-all-symbols"
else
  LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -rdynamic"
fi

and ran

./configure CC=i586-mingw32msvc-cc CXX=i586-mingw32msvc-c++ CPP=i586-mingw32msvc-cpp

and then afterwards modified src/Makefile so that the lines that read

%.cc : %.model %.h ${MODELGEN}${EXEEXT}
        ${MODELGEN} -cc $<

%.h : %.model ${MODELGEN}${EXEEXT}
        ${MODELGEN} -h $<

now read

%.cc : %.model %.h ${MODELGEN}${EXEEXT}
        ${MODELGEN}${EXEEXT} -cc $<

%.h : %.model ${MODELGEN}${EXEEXT}
        ${MODELGEN}${EXEEXT} -h $<

and then ran

make

and it all compiled.
I haven't used any of the plugins so I don't know how to test this (but it seems to work fine with my few limited test cases (although they don't use any plugins). The generated gnucap.exe is now roughly 100kb larger than before (when I didn't have any flags at all), so something has changed.

Where can I find an example that uses a plugin?, so that I can test to see if this works.

Kind Regards,

Paul.