Re: [Help-gnunet] Strange things...

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Strange things...
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 14:06:14 -0500

On Wednesday 03 April 2002 10:02 am, Jason Martin wrote:
> > my search yields in no results - sometimes i find the gpl file, sometimes
>
> I've had a similiar problem. I set up two hosts (with debugging on),
> introduced them, inserted a file into one, searched from the other, saw
> the one with the file respond, but never had any search results returned
> after 300 seconds.

The 'disconnect-bug' should be fixed in the CVS, too. Mostly the connection
between two hosts timed out (no traffic) and was not aggressively
re-established. It would have been re-established (and then again dropped
after a few minutes again) eventually, but in the meantime you would get no
results. Though I hope this has been fixed in CVS, I can't be certain as I
did not have the time for extensive testing. This bug was introduced in 0.3.2
because 0.3.1 was trying key exchanges most of the time, keeping the CPU a
bit too busy...

Christian