[Help-gnunet] Content, anyone?

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: [Help-gnunet] Content, anyone?
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:40:39 +0300 (EEST)

Hi all,

with every version, GNUnet seems a little better. Sadly,
its hard to find anything from the network and evaluate how
well it performs. I've seen this problem reported on
the mailing list before, and personally I haven't been
able to retrieve much else than GPL (occasionally) from
the network.

At this early phase, I propose the following: please,
everyone running a node, spend a minute and locate from
the internet some public domain material. Anything. Insert
it with keyword "test" and a free form description. Once
files not inserted by ourselves can be seen, the system
will start rolling, supposing that some bug doesn't prevent it. ;)

I think gnunet just needs some seeds. Nobody wants to
be the first I guess. Void is a terrible thing.

If I'm imagining this problem and it doesn't really exist,
prove me wrong. Give a list of keywords that should point to
something. ;)

Perhaps it would be a good idea to give a keyword list
of some harmless keys (not just GPL) on the gnunet homepage
and make sure that those files are available (a script could do that).
It would mean little extra work to the developers, but would be
worth it to the occasional passersby, at least during this
beta phase.

Cheers,
Igor