Re: [Help-gnunet] questions

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] questions
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 15:28:54 +0300 (EEST)

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Christian Drechsler wrote:

> - does content migrate if it isn't donwloaded?

No. This is one thing that in my opinion should be stated
loud and clear, in cat sized letters, where people can see it.
Inserting some content and staying online say 1h is probably
doing more damage than good.

> - about the 0 hosts problem: is there any situation where gnunet actively
>   decides to totally disconnect from other nodes? just thinking, as it's
>   three hosts now (out of nine) that seem to be constantly sending junk.
>   might that be the problem - some failed SKEY handling?

You sure its junk and not just queries that can't be answered
(disappeared content)? I haven't been able to reproduce the 0
hosts problem since it happened once on my node some weeks
back, but I've seen a behaviour where some node constantly sends
queries to my node, and my node decides to forward them. Thus
my node will also stand out as sending "junk" to 4 other nodes or
so. This means basically that if there's no load (and/or if the
load/economy handling is broken, as it currently partly is),
any node can generate propagating junk load by aggressively
generating queries.

I.