[Help-gnunet] OT: mldonkey (GNUnet: Please stay away from windoze + idea

From: Leonard
Subject: [Help-gnunet] OT: mldonkey (GNUnet: Please stay away from windoze + idea)
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 16:33:01 -0400

Mon, 2 Sep 2002 11:26:10 -0300, Martin Sarsale  <address@hidden> a miaulé :
> Mldonkey is not open sourcE: afaik only the gui is source is available...
> I hate their policy 'we have to hide our code because if we release it, some
> bad guys will code a leech-only, no-sharing client'
> and the DL rate is the same that on the edonkey network: bad ;)

I believe avoinding windows-users
is avoiding a good 70% of leechers and low-uptime people that kill a network.

It's not plain mean, it's just an observation, even among my very friends.
I'm glad GNUnet is Unix-only, I hope you guys will have a policy stating it.

I'll push it even further by for example 'forgetting' an easy #include, forcing
users to add it themselves -> chooze your users, get a much better network.
I'm not a good C coder, but I can add an include if it's not tricky.
It's a fact that on gnutella 1% of users provide 70% of bandwidth and content...

Thanks anyway for the mldonkey, the GUI is nice and it doesn't seem to crash.