[Help-gnunet] current cvs not compiling

From: newsgate
Subject: [Help-gnunet] current cvs not compiling
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:32:45 -0400

At the moment the current cvs code isn't (or for that matter hasn't
been) compiling because of a couple macros set up in configure.in
referring to automake. Basically the lines are being copied straight
from configure.in to configure, which prevents compilation. The error in
configure is:

./configure: line 536: syntax error near unexpected token `GNUnet,'
./configure: line 536: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(GNUnet, 0.4.9)'

I think this is because there is no src/include/autodefs.h

I started reading up on the autoconf documentation figuring that either
automake is botched on my system, there is a simple mistake in
configure.in, or that autodefs is some trivial file was accidentally
forgotten.

Then I started thinking about it and realized that it was possible
that configure.in was intentionally botched (or autodefs.h intentionally
not included) in order to discourage 0.4.9 nodes from showing up on the
network.

Should I get to work finally learning the ins and outs of autoconf, or
should I be a good little user and keep my hands to myself?

--
GnuPG fingerprint AAE4 8C76 58DA 5902 761D  247A 8A55 DA73 0635 7400
James Blackwell  --  Director http://www.linuxguru.net