[Help-gnunet] A couple ease of use suggestions

From: Tracy R Reed
Subject: [Help-gnunet] A couple ease of use suggestions
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:44:18 -0700

The list has gotten quiet again. :)

After I got tired of typing out those long gnunet-download lines I hacked
my gnunet-search to display search results in the form of:

gnunet-download -o "filename" hash key size etc.

That way I can just cut and paste the search result of what I want to
retrieve straight to the command line.

Another nice thing would be for gnunet-download to supply the filename
itself. It's in the metadata for the file so it should be able to do that,
right?

I was thinking about the stale search results problem. Perhaps we could
timestamp the search results when they are inserted into the network and
clients could be configured to ignore any info older than a certain amount
of time? Eventually when data gets really stale clients will stop
requesting that file because it is not displayed in anyones search results
and the info will fall out of the network. But I'm still a bit unclear on
how file and metadata info get into the network so this may not make
sense.

--
Tracy Reed      http://www.ultraviolet.org
"Our products just aren't engineered for security." - Brian Valentine,