[Help-gnunet] "Abandoned" content problem?

From: Brent Miller
Subject: [Help-gnunet] "Abandoned" content problem?
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 23:43:55 -0700

Lately, it seems that there is *a lot* of content on gnunet that shows
up when I do a search, but when I try to download I won't even get a
single block. I have two machines running gnunet and I have no problem
downloading test files from one to another, so I know I can download
(even 500+ MB files.) It seems that people are inserting content and
that content is falling out of gnunet but the keywords are lingering.

If my understanding of gnunet is correct (which it may not be), when I
insert something say, under the keyword mp3, that keyword will propagate
to other machines anytime someone searches for mp3. So if I bring the
file that the keyword points to offline, that keyword is still floating
around gnunet. Is there some way to more closely link the keyword to the
actual content?

It seems to me that this is something that's only going to get worse as
more and more people start using gnunet, especially those who try it out
for a week and then give up. Is there anyone else out there experiencing
this?

Thanks,
Brent