Re: [Help-gnunet] Error uploading file

From: David Kuehling
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Error uploading file
Date: 16 Dec 2005 21:00:55 +0100

> Hmm.  The #bytes in datastore look very close to 2 GB.  Makes me
> wonder if you might be using a mysql/sqlite table where the 2 GB limit
> is present and reached.

What does determine, whether the mysql/sqllite table is limited to 2^31?
This is certainly not a filesystem issue, since the size of the gnunet
database-file is already beyond the 2GB limit:

  ll /var/lib/GNUnet/data/fs/content/
  -rw-r--r--  1 gnunet gnunet 2282303488 2005-12-16 20:38 gnunet.dat

> I think the best cause of action is to run gnunetd with -L DEBUG and
> look at what it says when gnunet-insert dies.

I reran the whole process with gnunetd freshly restarted and the logfile
deleted prior to invocation.  Looking at the logfile I already see one
problem, but this shouldn't have an effect on gnunet-insert:

  Dec 16 20:18:03 FAILURE: `open' failed on file
  `/var/lib/GNUnet/data/fs//bloomfilter' at bloomfilter.c:393 with error:
  Permission denied

And gnunet is right, the bloomfilter-file is owned by root and not by
the "gnunet" user.  Certainly my fault...

However I cannot find any messages related to the failed gnunet-insert.

> Also, did you insert or index the 2 GB of content?  Either way,
> if that does not solve the mystery, please send me the (relevant) log
> output so that I can have a look.

I always insert files fully "gnunet-insert -n", since this way it is
easier to manage the memory used by gnunet.  Only one 10Gb database at
one place...

I will send you the full log output in private mail, since if
insufficiently cleaned, it might compromise the anonymity of my node.
Yes, being paranoid is the primary reason behind using gnunet :)

David