Re: [Help-gnunet] Error uploading file

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Error uploading file
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 19:50:31 -0800

On Friday 16 December 2005 12:00 pm, David Kuehling wrote:
>   Dec 16 20:18:03 FAILURE: `open' failed on file
>   `/var/lib/GNUnet/data/fs//bloomfilter' at bloomfilter.c:393 with error:
>   Permission denied
>
> And gnunet is right, the bloomfilter-file is owned by root and not by
> the "gnunet" user.  Certainly my fault...
>
> However I cannot find any messages related to the failed gnunet-insert.

Well, gnunet-insert will try to write to the bloomfilter, so this should cause
some trouble.  Now, I would have suspected that gnunetd would not even start
with this error (should be fatal), but maybe it is not marked as such.   Does
it work once you give it permissions to rw the bloomfilter?

Christian