Re: [Help-gnunet] Building from SVN fails

From: David Kuehling
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Building from SVN fails
Date: 02 Jul 2007 22:27:19 +0200

> On Monday 02 July 2007 08:28, David Kuehling wrote:
>> Now I have a new problem: automake sets Makefile variable "MKDIR_P"
>> to the empty string.  Thus "make install" fails.  Something wrong
>> with my version of automake?  Which versions are known to work?

> I've seen this problem myself, the issue seems to be *newer* versions
> of automake (!?).  The trivial workaround is to have MKDIR_P="mkdir
> -p" in the environment, but I'd rather like to know what is really
> going on -- but I've been unable to figure it out so far.  AFAIK,
> nothing in the documentation hits as to what we might be doing wrong.
> Help (i.e., a patch) would be welcome.

For me the only workaround was to uninstall automake-1.10 (automake-1.8
is still installed), remove GNUnet, do a fresh checkout and run
'bootstrap' again.  Anything else didn't seem to work for some reason.
Unfortunately I've never used automake myself and don't understand much
about it.  Yes, now with automake-1.8 the uppercase MKDIR_P line is
gone.

BTW the SVN version of GNUnetd ran only for approx 4 hours before it
deadlocked again :'( I'm just going to report that in a different
thread.

Well, as long as it was up, it had quite extraordinary performance
(compared to what I saw the last months).  Started download of some
random files and had 500 B/s for one and 250 B/s for another file :)

best regards,

David