Re: [Help-gnunet] gnunet-gtk crash in Ubuntu Gutsy package

From: Milan
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] gnunet-gtk crash in Ubuntu Gutsy package
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 15:55:27 +0100

Marlkus: from Ubuntu. Aren't they all the same, from Debian?

I found out the problem: GNUnet is 0.7.2b and gnunet-gtk is 0.7.1c,
gnunet-qt 0.7.1
http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=gnunet&searchon=names&subword=1&version=gutsy&release=all

So no way for this to work. What an heresy! ;-)
Debian has these packages, so this is an Ubuntu-only problem. Anyway,
GUI clients should have recommended GNUnet 0.7.2, I guess, so this comes
from Debian. Should gnunet-gtk and -qt require the very same GNUnet
version (including the a, b, c letters)?

Christian Grothoff a écrit :
> I think this should be reported to the Debian and/or Ubuntu maintainers.  I
> don't see how or why gnunet-update would not terminate, but changing the
> script to do "gnunet-update || true" should do the trick.

I open a bug in Debian and Ubuntu for all this.
> As for the crashes, if they are reproduceable with symbols using a recent
> version of GNUnet, please report them to Mantis -- including how to reproduce
> the issue(s).

I opened one here, because launchpad gets the symbols automatically
(though it's useless now).
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnunet-gtk/+bug/158706