[Help-gnunet] questions about network size and namespaces from a new use

From: James Cook
Subject: [Help-gnunet] questions about network size and namespaces from a new user
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 16:07:34 -0800

Hi help-gnunet,

I started up a gnunet (0.9.5a) peer two days ago.  I have some questions.

- The current network size estimate (gnunet-statistics -s nse) ranges
between 8 and 406 depending on when I check it.  I am currently
connected to two peers.  Is this normal?  (The nse was 0 until I
realized I had to tell gnunet-configure about my NAT.  gnunet-setup
unfortunately doesn't work as the gnome 3 libraries are not yet
working on my Linux distribution, NixOS.)

- gnunet-peerinfo don't give any output.  Is this normal?  I haven't
explicitly told my peer about any other peers, but after reading the
man page, I thought it would list every peer my peer knows about
(including, for example, the ones it is connected to).

- Is there a way to search for or otherwise discover namespaces?
There is plenty of documentation about them, but it's not very
interesting if I can't find any namespaces others have published.

Thanks,
  James