help-gnustep

Re: Hide external library from a GNUstep library ?

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Hide external library from a GNUstep library ?
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 08:50:06 +0100 (BST)

You need to use

xxx_LIBRARIES_DEPEND_UPON = -lexternal_libraries

then myLibrary will be linked against external_libraries (which just means
that when you load myLibrary, the dynamic linker will automatically load
external_libraries as well), and so in myApplication you can just link
against myLibrary (and that automatically drags in the other libraries).

For an example, longer explanations etc, please have a look at

http://www.gnustep.it/nicola/Tutorials/MoreOnMakefiles/

(you're interested in section 2.6)