help-gnustep

Call library from bundles

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Call library from bundles
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 21:48:31 -0400

Hi,

 I'm writing a content inspector bundle (myBundle) for GWorkspace,
 which uses my own GNUstep library, ex. called myLibrary.
 So myBundle should link to myLibrary.
 The weird thing is that when GWorkspace load myBundle,
 it keeps complaining that the class in myLibrary can't be found.
 I set the ADDITIONAL_GUI_LIBS += -lmyLibrary
and xxx_LIBRARIES_DEPEND_UPON += -lmyLibrary besides the gworkspace libraries
 in GNUmakefile of myBundle, but it doesn't work.
 The only way I can make it work is to add
 libgworkspace_LIBRARIES_DEPEND_UPON += -lmyLibrary
 in gworkspace/GWLib/GNUmakefile,
 which means I have to modify the GWorkspace source code directly.
 That must not be the correct solution.
 What's the usual way to links a library from a bundle ?

 Thanx.

 Yen-Ju