help-gnustep

make install problems

From: oldkerosen
Subject: make install problems
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 13:56:14 +0200

Hi there,
I started today to update my GNUstep libraries on my SuSE 9.0 box and I noticed that after installing the new gnustep-make and -base packages (1.10) when I do make install there are some errors regarding the tar command. The error reads something like this:
"gnutar: The --exclude-from option is not yet implemented.
Usage:  gnutar cmd [options] file1 ... filen

Use     gnutar --help
and     gnutar --xhelp
to get a list of valid cmds and options.

Use     gnutar -H help
to get a list of valid archive header formats.

For a more complete user interface use the star type command interface.
See 'man star'. The gnutar command is more or less limited to the
GNU tar command line interface.
gnutar: Hard EOF on input, first EOF block is missing.
gnutar: 0 blocks + 0 bytes (total of 0 bytes = 0.00k)."
What can I do?
Ovi