help-gnustep

Re: a few newbie questions

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: a few newbie questions
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:18:34 -0700 (PDT)

Dani,

--- dani <dakini56@yahoo.com> wrote:

> 1. If I don't want an app to have an Application Menu can I simply do
> NSApp mainMenu = nil or would that be a bad thing?

You should delete the main menu from the main model file or your application.
The main model file is indicated as follows in the GNUmakefile:

{APPNAME}_MAIN_MODEL_FILE = {MODELNAME}.gorm

where {APPNAME} is replaced by the application name (without the .app) and
{MODELNAME} is whatever name you've given your model.

> 2. In Gorm, how do I remove a subclass that has been instantiated? I
> can remove my subclass from the "Classes" view, but it remains in the
"Objects"
> view and I can't figure out how to get rid of it there (Classes ->
> Remove doesn't do anything).

Go to the Objects view and select the object you wish to delete, then go to the
"Edit->Cut" (Edit->Delete will also work) to delete the object.

> 3. In ProjectCenter, whenever I add class files to a project it copies
> them to the Resources directory. Does there need to be two copies of
> each file for some reason?

Serg Stoyan can answer this question.

> Thank you,
>
> D.

Thanks, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A Maryland Corporation)
#### Maintainer of Gorm for GNUstep.