help-gnustep

Re: bad installation of wmaker

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: bad installation of wmaker
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 07:48:37 -0700 (PDT)

Loic,

--- Loic Maitre <lmaitre@enst.fr> wrote:

> Hello ,
> I try to install as user (with no root password) wmaker on a solaris
> based computer.
> I downloaded the source tar.gz
> I read the INSTALL file so I did:
> ./configure --prefix=/.... --/ass-..
> make
>
> and then I try to type
> make install
>
> everything seems ok.
> But when I launch wmaker or WPrefs I have this message :
>
> warning : could not add destry callback for input method
>
> Could you help me to shut it !!

First let me say that I don't know what the problem is, as I've never had it.
If anyone else knows please email.

GNUstep is not a window manager, it is a set of development applications and
frameworks (see http://www.gnustep.org).   While our main/recommended window
manager is WindowMaker and there is some collaboration, they are a separate
project.

You would likely be better served asking a support question like this at one of
the lists shown on this page:

http://www.windowmaker.org/lists.html

Thanks, GJC

Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A MD Corp.)
## Maintainer of Gorm (IB Equiv.) for GNUstep.