help-gnustep

Re: build gcc-objc-4.0.1 on windows via gnumake

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: build gcc-objc-4.0.1 on windows via gnumake
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:55:34 +0100 (BST)

> Hi Nicola Pero,
>
> Can you help me building gcc-objc-4.0.1 on windows via gnumake?

Thanks ... hmmm .... what is gcc-objc-4.0.1 ?

If it's the libobjc included with GCC, you need to build the entire GCC.
You can't just build the library standalone.  You need to build the entire
GCC. :-/

If you're trying to build a standalone Objective-C library, you might as
well consider gnustep-objc, which is just libobjc packaged as a standalone
buildable library ... that can be built using gnustep-make.  In that case,
follow the instructions on how to build GNUstep on Windows (eg,
http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/User/GNUstep/README.MinGW)
:-)

If you let me have more info on what you're actually trying to do, I might
be able to provide you with more useful help ;-)

Thanks