help-gnustep

Re: Gorm won't start with gnustep-base-0.12.0

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Gorm won't start with gnustep-base-0.12.0
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:31:08 +0100

On 28 Mar 2006, at 10:54, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

On 28 Mar 2006, at 10:55, Fabian Borschel wrote:

Hi Steppers,

first of all I want to thank you for all the great work you did!
With the last update of gnustep-base to 0.12.0 I can't get Gorm to work.
It always fails to start with the error message

"/usr/GNUstep/Local/Applications/Gorm.app/Gorm: error while loading shared libraries: libgnustep-base.so.1.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I even tried the svn-version and I get the same error.
Can anyone else reproduce this error?

You must have deleted libgnustep-base.so.1.11

If you have deleted the version of the base library that Gorm was linked with, you must either rebuild Gorm to work with the new version, or restore the old one.

Just for clarification ... when I say 'rebuild Gorm' I mean that any binaries linked with the base library need to be relinked with the new one. That is at least the main Gorm executable, but may also be the palettes it loads (these contain code which may have been linked with the library). The simplest way to do it is a 'make distclean' followed by a complete rebuild of Gorm.