help-gnustep

Re: Gorm won't start with gnustep-base-1.12.0

From: Fabian Borschel
Subject: Re: Gorm won't start with gnustep-base-1.12.0
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 19:03:59 +0200

Hi,

On 2006-03-28 17:42:50 +0200 Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:
Shure. I completely rebuild gnustep (I use Gentoo and its package management and that builds things in a temp directory and then moves it to / . It also tracks all files related to one "package". After moving the install dir to / in deletes any
other file that doesn't show up in the new "package".
I now made a distclean on svn-code of Gorm and rebuild that again. The error
didn't change.

Well, there are only two ways you could get that error ...
1. You are linking with something which is linked with the old library
2. You are not running the executable that you think you are

I guess cause 2 is easiest to check ... you launch the program by absolute path
eg.
/home/myname/Gorm.app/Gorm

cause 1 means that you didn't really upgrade everything and have some old versions of things around linked to the old base library, and the build of Gorm is picking up those old versions for some reason. I guess the gui library and the backend libraries are the likely causes, but there may be something else I don't know about.

2. I tried the svn-version with ./Gorm.app/Gorm .
1. Using "locate libgnustep-base" just shows me

/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/libgnustep-base.so
/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/libgnustep-base.so.1.12.0
/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/libgnustep-base.so.1.12

so I don't have any idea where Gorm finds 1.11 .
Anyway thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Fabian