help-gnustep

STIGMA built atop the Foundation class framework

From: Ivasenko_O
Subject: STIGMA built atop the Foundation class framework
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 03:04:25 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I have a very specific question/problem. There is a program that
does Quantum Chemistry calculations that I am interested in

http://turin.nss.udel.edu/wiki/stigma/doku.php?id=start

, unfortunately it was written in Objective-C with 'binaries neatly
packed inside a Mac OS X Installer package'. It is written that the
program 'should also function on top of the OpenStep library
(precursor to Mac OS X's Foundation) available under Linux and other
platforms' and also in helpfiles mention a possibility to use GNUstep
to cross-compile it for other platforms. The problem is that I have
only PC with Windows installed on them. I have never worked with other
OS let alone done any programming/compilation/installation besides
'double-clicking' on an .exe file and agree to the default settings in
Windows installer.

Can anybody give me basic step-by-step description how do I install
and run this application on Windows? Do I have to have a Mac computer
as well and instal GNUstep there? I have already installed GNUstep for
Windows but I have no idea what to do next.

Sincerely,

Oleksandr Ivasenko

PhD
Department of Chemistry