help-gnustep

Re: STIGMA built atop the Foundation class framework

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: STIGMA built atop the Foundation class framework
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:49:20 -0700

On Jan 12, 2010, at 4:04 AM, Ivasenko_O wrote:

> Hi, I have a very specific question/problem. There is a program that
> does Quantum Chemistry calculations that I am interested in
>
> http://turin.nss.udel.edu/wiki/stigma/doku.php?id=start

I looked at the Web site, and it does not appear that they are making the
source code available, even though it is under a BSD license. Without the
source code, it would be impossible to use it on anything but a Mac.  Even with
the source code, I doubt that it would compile on GNUstep without at least a
little bit of updating (creating a Makefile at least).

Perhaps you could write the authors and ask for the source code, and then
contact the GNUstep group (at discuss-gnustep@gnu.org) and ask if anyone would
be interested in porting the code to GNUstep?