Re: Using std::wstring

From: Guy Harrison
Subject: Re: Using std::wstring
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 05:00:07 GMT

Jamiil wrote:

> This my class
> #include <string>
> 001 class TTest{
> 002   private:
> 003       std::string str;
> 004       std::wstring wstr;
> 005 };
>
> I am using Cygwin-GCC 3.3.3 under MSW.
> Make reports an error syntax error before ; token at line 004.
>
> Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Nope, that ought to work for wchar_t supporting target so looks like you
need to ask on cygwin (or grep the headers for wstring typedef). You can
search their mailing lists off this link...

http://cygwin.com/lists.html

I can't tell what you're up to from the above snippet of course but perhaps
you want (the equivelent of)...

/*typedef*/ std::basic_string< TCHAR >  /*myString*/

...if you grep the winapi headers (it'll take a lot of grepping but its in
there somewhere!) you'll note that definition of TCHAR varies between
"char" and "wchar_t" depending upon UNICODE (see MSDN).