Re: Using std::wstring

From: Ross Smith
Subject: Re: Using std::wstring
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:33:39 +1300

Jamiil wrote:

> This my class
> #include <string>
> 001 class TTest{
> 002   private:
> 003       std::string str;
> 004       std::wstring wstr;
> 005 };
>
> I am using Cygwin-GCC 3.3.3 under MSW.
> Make reports an error syntax error before ; token at line 004.
>
> Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Nothing. Cygwin doesn't implement wide strings, it's strictly ASCII. If
you need Unicode strings, you have to either call the native Windows
API, or use a third party library such as IBM's ICU.

--
Ross Smith ......... r-smith@ihug.co.nz ......... Auckland, New Zealand
    "The current crop of compilers are pretty lousy -- they always