Re: Debug builds

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: Debug builds
Date: 31 Jan 2005 07:36:33 -0800

Matthias <nospam@digitalraid.com> writes:

> I tried to set up a newer gcc version on my own -- once, and
> never again. It was a major pain in the b... back.

How recent was your painful experience?
Modern versions of gcc build on Linux without any effort at all:
'configure && make && make install' is all it takes.

> Oh, yes, I have heard a lot of good things about STLport. Maybe I'll
> look into that.

Now, I have not tried STLport since 4.5.3, but *that* was painful:
simple tests would compile fine, but my real code failed with
10-page full template instantiation errors, which I could not make
any sense of.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.