Re: g++ compiler

From: ganeshb
Subject: Re: g++ compiler
Date: 8 Oct 2005 10:07:19 -0700

 I wanted to gauge the time it would take for such a  project and that
is why I seeded my discussion with a rough estimate. I  need to
implement some very high level optmization for C++ as  a proof of
concept for my thesis. I do not need to complete a fully working
project. The functionality  I am expecting is that,

1. apply my annotations (directives) and modify the source code.
2. apply g++ optimizations (esp. inlining) over the modified code.
3. Repeat 1-2 until convergence (some condition set by me).

I would like to know if this is an achievable task using g++. I have a
good knowledge of compilers and have written some dataflow analysis
based optimizations in the past.  I have never hacked g++ though, other
than looking at the assembly code it produces.

Thanks to all for your help.

Ganesh