Re: Runtime Error: cannot find entry point "CreateFileA" in DLL "WS2_32.

From: Cottonwood
Subject: Re: Runtime Error: cannot find entry point "CreateFileA" in DLL "WS2_32.DLL"
Date: 25 Apr 2006 03:21:51 -0700

Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
>> CreateFileA is the char-version of CreateFile. Modern win32 systems use
>> CreateFileW though, but most provide a backward compatible wrapper for
>> CreateFileA.

>> ws2_32.dll is the Winsock 2 library, which provides sockets. This is not
>> even supposed to provide CreateFile.

Thanks. But what's do do ? Please give me an idea.

Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
>> > #include <windows.h>
>> > #include <conio.h>

>> The content of conio.h is inherently nonportable and I wouldn't even expect
>> it to be completely implemented. What of that do you need anyway?

Nothing at this time. I've forgotten to remove them after copy/paste
from the sample program.

Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
>> > char outfile;

>> > outfile='.\\qqtest.bmp';

>> You want a string literal here, i.e. double quotes. Also, you should use
>> initialisation instead of assignment.

It's just a test to find out how to call the Fortran libraries.

Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
>> > ../../F/G95/bin/qqmodlib.a
>> > ../../F/G95/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-mingw32/4.0.3/libf95.a
>> > "../../Compiler lcc-win32/lcc/lib/ws2_32.lib"

>> Some things here:
>> - If you wrote that yourself, you shouldn't as g++ usually knows much
>> better what to link and what not to link. You should only need to add
>> nonstandard libraries.
>> - You shouldn't have to add the full path, g++ should know the path to most
>> libs itself.
>> - Why is the last line in double quotes?

I didn't write that myself. I used the "add library/object" button. The
double quotes are set because of the space between "Compiler" and
"lcc-..." I think.

Thank you for the answer. I still need help regarding to my question.