Re: What should the call stack look like when calling a C++ virtual func

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: What should the call stack look like when calling a C++ virtual function?
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 21:45:10 -0700

"Dev1024" <lmemmott@yahoo.com> writes:

> A sincere thanks for your response and clarification.

Please do not top-post.

> why, yes, I have cases where g++ code will call MSVC code (or vice
> versa). Currently, as explained below, it doesn't work due to the this
> pointer on the stack.

If you ever get past this obstacle, it will start *not* working for
other reasons, such as different object layout and different
name-mangling scheme. Your attempt is futile: C++ code compiled by
different compilers is *not* (and generally can't be made)
link-compatible.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.