Re: Operationally well-tried

From: Ulrich Lauther
Subject: Re: Operationally well-tried
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 15:48:57 +0000 (UTC)

Ulrich Elsner <usenet250407.20.elsner@xoxy.net> wrote:
: Hi,

: my google foo has been weak today, so I'll try this newsgroup.
: For a formal review I have to show that the compiler (g++, exact
: version yet to be determined) I plan to use is "operationally
: well-tried".

: I thus need some well documented examples where g++ has been used for
: "an adequate time period" in "significant" software projects. It would
: be nice if some of these examples touch safety relevant areas,i.e., an
: air traffic control system or machine control software is more helpful
: than, say, a videogame.

: Now, my first idea, all those widely used open source progams turn out
: not to work very well as an argument since they have no strong link to
: a specific compiler versions.

: Any ideas, hints or links?

what about the Linux kernel, should be quite significant
--
        -lauther

[nosave]
Ulrich Lauther          ph: +49 89 636 48834 fx: ... 636 42284
Siemens CT SE 6         Internet: Ulrich.Lauther@siemens.com

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft:
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Gerhard Cromme;
Vorstand: Klaus Kleinfeld, Vorsitzender; Johannes Feldmayer, Joe Kaeser,
Rudi Lamprecht, Eduardo Montes, Juergen Radomski, Erich R. Reinhardt,
Hermann Requardt, Uriel J. Sharef, Klaus Wucherer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin und Muenchen
Registergericht: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Muenchen, HRB 6684
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 23691322