script to find right order for linking

From: Amit Gupta
Subject: script to find right order for linking
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 04:49:06 -0000

Being a C++ programmer for a while, many times I come across some old
code base that has cyclic dependencies or sometime writing a new
package where I have to find the right order for linking some old
stuff.

It occurs to me, there should be some script or program that gives you
one *working* order of library linking, and error's out if there is
cyclic dependencies. Would be gald, if you can point me to such tool/
script.

Input:> set of n libraries
output:> one correct linking order for the input set.

I guess, the script can ignore undefined symbols, if the library set
is incomplete, as that is a *real* problem.

Thanks