building g++ on windows using MSVC

From: Aston Martin
Subject: building g++ on windows using MSVC
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 11:58:43 -0000

Hello,

I am trying to build g++ on WindowsXP Professional using Microsoft
compiler. Is it possible in first place ?(am sure it is). Please
explain in bit detail. I am using cygwin for building. Googling the
net suggested to use pre-built version with cygwin, but I could not
locate that. anyone having experience in this ?

Also i tried MinGW, it has all the necessary things in place g++.exe, c
++.exe etc and crt libs, but the problem is man pages for g++ were not
available, hence could not figure out how to specify include lib-path
to g++

thanks,
Aston