How to report this bug?

From: Ulrich Lauther
Subject: How to report this bug?
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:58:52 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I have got a very small piece of code that makes my application crash
when compiled with optimization:

inline void tour2list(NodeList& list) {
  Node* tp;
  while ((tp = m_nodes.get())) {
    tp += foo;
    list.append(tp);
  }
}

The statement tp += foo serves only for suppressing optimization.
Somewhere above I have:

int foo = 0;

If I delete that line AND request optimization, the program crashes,
otherwise it runs fine.

The problem is that this is part of a large library and it will be hard to
reduce the problem to a few lines of code.

Now the real question: is it sufficient to show the compiled code with / without
optimization?
BTW, this is:
  Using built-in specs.
  Target: i686-pc-linux-gnu
  Configured with: /usr/local/src/gcc-4.1.1/configure --enable-languages=c,c++
  Thread model: posix
  gcc version 4.1.1

Best,

        -ulrich

--
        -lauther

[nosave]
Ulrich Lauther          ph: +49 89 636 48834 fx: ... 636 42284
Siemens CT SE 6         Internet: Ulrich.Lauther@siemens.com

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Gerhard
Cromme; Vorstand: Peter Loescher, Vorsitzender; Johannes Feldmayer,
Heinrich Hiesinger, Joe Kaeser, Rudi Lamprecht, Eduardo Montes,
Juergen Radomski, Erich R. Reinhardt, Hermann Requardt, Uriel J. Sharef,
Klaus Wucherer; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin und Muenchen;
Registergericht: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Muenchen, HRB 6684;
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 23691322