Re: chain loading USB harddrive if no native USB support possible?

From: Gregg Levine
Subject: Re: chain loading USB harddrive if no native USB support possible?
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 19:57:57 -0400

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Michael Reichenbach
<address@hidden> wrote:
> > Answer what question?
>
> This here...

> name,

> > > I don't know. Maybe someone else can answer this question.
> > >

> > But as for booting from a USB device, got me. That one works from a
> > floppy if native boot support doesn't exist.
> >

> I don`t see what runt has to do with it. It`s basically a slackware based
> distro for usb pendrives.
>
> My question here was how to (generic) boot an usb device if the bios does
> not support booting from usb. :)

Hello!
And that's what RUNT Linux does. It can be installed on any device
that's not normally thought of as being bootable from USB. Such as a
moderately sized HD stuck into a holder, and booted that way.

Did you visit his pages to see how he accomplished it?
--
Gregg C Levine address@hidden
"This signature was once found posting rude