Fwd: How Do I Install Grub 2.00~beta0 To A Flash Drive And Have The Root

From: Jake Thomas
Subject: Fwd: How Do I Install Grub 2.00~beta0 To A Flash Drive And Have The Root And Prefix Correct Upon Boot?
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 07:41:17 -0800

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jake Thomas <address@hidden>
Date: March 5, 2012 2:28:50 AM PST
To: Jordan Uggla <address@hidden>

Thank you very much! It was, in fact, _not_ mounted to "/media/SPAACE".
It was mounted to "/media/SPAACE_". Notice the underscore at the end of the latter.

What was really weird is that Nautilus showed it's path to be "/media/SPAACE"
(there was a "media" button followed by a "SPAACE" buttion. No "SPAACE_" button).
And it showed up as the "SPAACE" drive in the left pane.

In Nautilus ran as root, however, the true colors showed. Root Nautilus showed it as
the "SPAACE_" drive in the left pane and the buttons on top showed "media" and
"SPAACE_".

The "mount" command in terminal was saying the right thing all along, but I just
didn't notice the underscore.

Jake